Friday, September 14, 2018

Keeping busy

I've been going to a family therapist to help me get my head around the day to day stress of many small voices (it's a wonderful life, it really is, it's just so intense), and one of the things we've identified is that I'm too much of a perfectionist. Ok ok guys, you can stop with the loud fake gasps ;)

So... I'm slowing down. Smelling the roses (or dandelions, as they're proffered me). And... letting the kids do more things in activity form, rather than doing it, perfectly, myself. 

Here are the kids making themselves scrambled eggs and toast for lunch.


Carefully cooking on a hot pad.





After lunch, painting! I bought some super-cheap canvases ages ago and decided it was time for the kids to make some masterpieces for the walls.





Such focus!




Once I shellac the final results I'll post a picture of them on our wall.

To get out the last of our wiggles we walked down the street to an oak tree and picked up acorns.


Smashing the acorns to bits with hammers (good fine motor skill! Ok, I made that up. Good distraction skill!)


Making their own dinners (PBJs)


Dan is sick (because of course he is, he joined our family) and Avy has been taking especially good care of him. He just laid on her while she cuddled him for 1/2 hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment