Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween!

Halloween was a full day for us. We started the morning off by going to an indoor playnasium thingy (basically a two story maze with lots of foam obstacles and slides for kids). This was eye-opening for me: it was the first time where the girls just took off to play where they couldn't see me. At first Avy checked in every 5 minutes or so but by the time we left I hadn't seen her in half an hour. Brilliant!

There was also a smaller area for tots and toddlers - the babies loved this.




Can't tell from photos but this thing was going around, and around...



A watermelon seesaw! Theo loved this :)


This hole of shapes really fascinated Lily.





Theo on a trampoline! He was a fan.


A rare moment where I could see the girls :)





Getting ready for trick-or-treating! Avy was a superhero.


And Ellie was a ballerina Katerina.


Mostly though, they were Seattlites - it was pouring rain!



Lily thought we were taking too long. I turned around and she was halfway down the stairs! Nana A would be so proud - she was carefully taking it feet first.


Wrapped up snuggley against the rain!


As we wait for Ellie's potty stop, Avy is showing off our jack-o-lantern and bowl of candy.


The girls were very brave - I stayed on the street while they would run up and ring the doorbell themselves. Ellie was a character - she'd always forget to say trick or treat but she told every person what she and Avy were ("Avy's a super hero and I'm a ballerina Katerina!"). Then she would hold out her bag and the candy that she'd just gotten and ask, "Can you put it in my bag? I can't reach." Oh man, the adults loved this.


Back home and eating the spoils of our labor! Both girls went straight for the Tootsie Roll pops. Fine by me, I'll sneak the chocolate then....



No comments:

Post a Comment